German Machine Gun
This Maxim MG08/15 machine gun, chambered in 7.92x57mm (8mm) Mauser, was widely used by the German Army during WWI and is representative of numerous German machine gun emplacements silenced by Alvin York on October 8, 1918. Based on Hiram Maxim’s original design, the Maxim MG08’s water-cooled, belt-fed design could achieve a muzzle velocity of approximately 3,000 feet per second with a devastating rate of fire of 450 rounds per minute. Due to the integral water jacket surrounding the barrel and capability for sustained fire, Maxim machine gun crews proved lethal opponents on the battlefield. This particular model, the MG08/15, features a bipod, pistol grip, and shoulder stock for prone firing and portability.